April 7, 2008
Matt Bruce saw this Palm Warbler hovering like a hummingbird in Florida.
The warbler (Dendroica palmarum)
was moving from blossom to blossom in Daytona Beach. Matt took the photo with a Canon EOS 1D Mark III camera, a Sigma 80-400mm lens, and fill flash.
You can see the bird at these great birdwatching hotspots:
Tosohatchee Wildlife Management Area, Christmas, FloridaGreen-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, New YorkNorth Pond Nature Sanctuary, Chicago, IllinoisDirections, maps, bird lists, and tips for more easy-to-get-to birdwatching destinations.View photos of other warblers:
- Black-throated Blue Warbler
- Black-throated Gray Warbler
- Black-throated Green Warbler
- Canada Warbler
- Chestnut-sided Warbler, female
- Chestnut-sided Warbler, singing
- Common Yellowthroat, singing
- Common Yellowthroat, close-up portrait
- Common Yellowthroat in Central Park
- Hooded Warbler
- Lawrence's Warbler
- Prairie Warbler
- Prothonotary Warbler
- Yellow WarblerTalk about this photo, and read what other people are saying about it, in our photography forum.
A picture you take could win you a free one-year subscription to Birder's World!
We choose a new photo every Monday. And every other month, we ask a professional bird photographer whose work we've published in the magazine to pick the best Photo of the Week over the previous two months. We'll give the winner a free one-year subscription. Plus, we'll publish his or her photo in the magazine! Send us your photo today!Guidelines & RulesWinnersSpecies ListArchive